Rodent pest control covers rats, mice and squirrels:
Rats, of which there are two main species in the United Kingdom, the more common Brown Rat (Rattus norvegicus) and the Black Rat (Rattus rattus).
Mice, of which there are various species in the United Kingdom, the most common of which is the House Mouse (Mus domisticus)
Squirrels, there are two main species in the United Kingdom the Red Squirrel, which is fully protected in law and the more common Grey Squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis) which is considered a pest.
Submit your review
Excellent company, efficiently and professionally dealt with the issue. Definitely recommend!
I would highly recommend this company who solved our rat infestation that two other companies simply couldn't including the council!! Our problem had been a longstanding issue with numerous entry points into the loft and cavities for which previous companies simply did not investigate! Enter Louise from Pestkill Ltd who was absolutely outstanding and a complete credit to this company! Her determination and will is second to none and we could not have eradicated this issue without her! Simply the best rat catcher in England!! We simply cannot thank you enough!
Brilliant. I cannot recommend this company highly enough, Louise was brilliant, she knew I was beside myself about having rats in my home, she calmed my fears and did a very good job, explaining all the time. She was polite, very helpful and kind, thank you Louise.
How am I affected?
Rodents can cause extensive damage to buildings and equipment in warehouses, granaries, restaurants, and bakeries and the home; indeed anywhere food is handled or stored. Rodents can gnaw through wood and enlarge masonry openings to gain entrance into buildings. In the construction of their nests, rodents destroy all types of materials and can cause fires by chewing through insulation on electrical wires.
Rodents are a serious hazard to public health. Aside from contaminating food with their droppings and urine, such diseases as salmonella bacteria (food poisoning), leptospira (jaundice), and typhus are commonly spread by rats and mice.
Rodent Control Methods Include:
- Edible Baits
- Edible Gels
- Live Traps
- Break Back Traps
- Non Toxic Indicators
- External and Internal Proofing
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
How can I tell if I have an infestation?
Rodent droppings near available food sources is the most common indication of an infestation. Evidence of gnawing, rub marks, tracks, burrows, nests, and damage to stored products are all indications of the extent of an infestation.
Contact our Rodent control services if you have a rat, mice or squirrel problem.
- Rodents are attracted to compost bins, as they are warm and full of food. Place wire mesh (1cm x 1cm) under the base of your compost bin or even better put it on a concrete base to stop rats getting in under the bin.
- Keep rubbish, in particular discarded food stuffs, in sealed bins with well fitting tops, and keep long grass and bushes to a minimum to reduce places for them to live.
- Ensure that drainage is in good repair; that drains are not broken and that inspection chambers are in good condition.
- Inspect your property for any holes or faults in the fabric of the building.
- Do not loose scatter food for birds in the garden, use a feed container.
If you have a pest problem in London, Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire, Devon, Berkshire, Sussex, Surrey or Kent then call us now to eliminate your pest infestation.Contact Us